Preparing for Parental Leave & Staying in Touch Course
Making the transition to parental leave easier
The Preparing for Parental Leave course helps parents plan and prepare for their parental leave. It is essential, convenient and informative and self-directed learning. Specifically, it addresses the first stage in the transition of being a working parent and will benefit parents-to-be by giving them the tools to work with their manager to start planning and arranging a successful transition to parental leave and staying in touch whilst on leave.
- Planning for leave – the do’s, don’ts and things you should know
- Reviewing your career progress and plan
- Managing your pregnancy at work
- Making staying-in-touch during leave easier
- Planning for future flexible work arrangements
Benefits & Learning Outcomes
This course will support parents:
- To create a parental transition plan
- To discuss and plan for parental leave in consideration and collaboration with their manager and team
- By providing a preparation checklist and other tips and tools for staying in touch
- With tips on exploring child care options
- To have a smoother transition to and from parental leave
Who is this course for?
The Preparing for Parental Leave & Staying in Touch course is suited to those are going on parental leave in the next few months or are already on parental leave.
Each course includes a guide filled with practical tools, activities, valuable information and further resource links.
Course Enrolment Details
The Preparing for Parental Leave & Staying in Touch course provides you with a guidebook filled with practical tools, activities, valuable information and further resource links.
It also include access to a group forum hosted by expert Career Coaches who will answer your parental leave questions. You’ll hear from other working parents on their experiences. This is offered via a live webinar.
Enrol anytime. You can start your course instantly and you’ll receive your course materials and forum webinar details via email.
Other Parents@Work Courses
→ Returning to Work & Reconnecting
→ Managing Your Career
→ Care and Wellbeing for You and Your Family
Our courses provides a network of vital support and information to assist working parents to manage work, family and caring needs. These open access learning forums cover each life stage and career transition point an employee will experience on their working parent journey. Executive career coaches deliver the intimate, group-based workshops face-to-face or available online.
Learn more about our Executive Coaches.