Raising Toddlers - An online course for working parents
An exclusive online course with leading parenting service Karitane.
This three-part series explores the challenges and joys of parenting toddlers. Run in three parts the course starts on Wednesday 16 November, continues on Wednesday 23 November and finishes on Wednesday 30 November from 12 -1pm on each of the three Wednesdays. It provides practical tips on how to navigate and support your family as a working parent.
There’s no doubt the toddler years are challenging for most parents. As we are confronted with changes in our child’s behaviour we may feel unsure of how to deal with the demands and changes required. What’s more, the entry into toddlerhood is often coupled with a parent’s return to work. This can be an unsettling time for both parent and toddler as everyone adjusts to different routines.
The first module of this three-part course will enhance a parent’s understanding of the developmental stages of your toddler. Once we have a better understanding of what is actually happening for our child it provides us with profound insight into the science behind their behaviour!
In module two, parents have the opportunity to discuss and understand some of the common challenges of toddlerhood and then explore ways to deal with these situations.
In module three, we will look at why it is essential that parents and children have opportunities to enjoy and delight in each other - this is the most important aspect of all. There are small ways that families can reconnect that have profound impacts for you and your child.
Module One - Understanding Your Toddler’s Development - Wednesday 16 November @12 noon
- Toddler brain development - this is the foundation for understanding your toddler
- Milestones - an introduction to general toddler development
- Exploring our expectations of toddlers – why ‘oops!’ is a great opportunity to role model understanding, acceptance and appreciation
Module Two - Common Challenges - Wednesday 23 November @12 noon
- Tantrums - what they are and how to deal with them
- Fussy eating - what are the nutritional requirements for my toddler and how to manage meal times
- Toilet Training - when is the right time to start toilet training? How do I start toilet training? What can I do when it’s not going well?
- Routines and Cooperation – Strategies to help with leaving the house in the morning; getting children in their car seat, packing up toys, leaving the park.
Module Three - Enjoying Your Toddler - Wednesday 30 November @12 noon
- What’s getting in the way? Managing the demands of work and home to spend ‘quality time’ with your toddler
- Explore strategies that achieve great outcomes for both parent and toddler - including the most important thing for a toddler… play!
- Ways to enhance your relationship with your toddler that promote self-esteem, resilience and connection with each other
- Three one-hour group sessions over three weeks PLUS
- One on one direct access between the sessions to the Parenting Educator and course Facilitator
- A workbook to use at home and practice your new strategies
- The course will be run as a series of 1-hour interactive webinars run over three consecutive weeks
- Questions, discussion and interaction are encouraged - the greatest learning comes from sharing
- Each module will consist of slides that highlight key points for the webinar.
- Additional resources (such as online videos) will be provided following the webinar to consolidate learning
- A recording of each session after the time so if you miss it you don't miss out
- Bring a family member to the session for FREE
Raising Toddlers 14-28 March 2017 Series
Tue, Mar 14, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT
Tue, Mar 21, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT
Tue, Mar 28, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT
Raising Toddlers 15-29 March 2017 Series
Wed, Mar 15, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT
Wed, Mar 22, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT
Wed, Mar 29, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT